We are your AC Repair and Installation Contractor
Extreme temperatures can happen any time of year. Responsible homeowners know the goal is to keep their home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Your air conditioning unit is just as important as your furnace when hot weather hits. Affordable Plumbing and Heat knows that if this is your goal you should consider installing, replacing or inspecting your current HVAC, air conditioner or AC Cooling System.
Some heating and cooling systems are integrated into one system. These Heating Ventilation and Cooling Systems (HVAC) are designed for maximizing comfort regardless of the temperature. However, often times homeowners have separate furnace and air conditioning systems.
Luckily the experts and Affordable Plumbing and Heat are prepared to install, repair, inspect and replace every type of HVAC, central cooling, central air or air conditioning system on the market.
Air Conditioning Repair
There is never a good time to have any of your Plumbing, heating, HVAC or cooling systems fail. With that in mind, trust the experts at Affordable Plumbing and Heat. We can diagnose and repair your air conditioning problem at any time of the year. For example a yearly inspection is recommended to avoid air conditioner emergencies. There is nothing worse than going to turn on the AC, only to find out it is blowing hot air or not working properly.
Signs your Air Conditioning Unit or Cooling System Needs to Be Repaired
- Strange Noises or Extremely Noisy Air Conditioner – The fan that runs your cooling system or air conditioner has a motor. This motor makes the fan work. If the motor on your air conditioner is damaged, or overworked it may start making loud or unpleasant noises. Call the air conditioning technicians at Affordable Plumbing and Heat so we can diagnose the problem and repair it as soon as possible. It’s very likely we will have the air conditioning parts right on our truck!
- Maybe the air conditioner is working but it’s just not cooling your home like it used to? If this is the case, the air conditioner needs a thorough inspection and cleaning. Our technicians determine if the air conditioner or cooling system needs a few parts replaced or if the entire cooling system needs to be replaced.
- What if your air conditioner or cooling system just won’t turn on? Again, this could be a simple fix. For example, maybe the air conditioner or cooling unit just needs a new thermostat. Also, it could be a sign that the air conditioning unit has failed completely and needs to be replaced.
- Notice some unusual smells? Is your air conditioner or cooling system is producing smells you do not recognize? Or do you see or smell smoke coming from the air conditioning system? Please turn the unit off and call the experts at Affordable Plumbing and Heat.
Air Conditioning Install
Are you suffering in a sweltering home? Have you decided enough is enough? Now is the time to call the experts at Affordable Plumbing and Heat. Ask about all of the amazing HVAC, Air Conditioners, and Cooling Systems we offer. As experts in the Cheyenne area, we have air conditioning (AC) units for every budget. And we are prepared to make the installation as quick and painless as possible.
Air Conditioning Inspection (AC)
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone inspect your air conditioning before it breaks down?
Our certified technicians will check and advise of any needed repairs and help prevent breakdowns. Also, no repair will be made without the written approval.
Affordable Plumbing and Heat Safety and Energy Efficiency Check is designed to keep your air conditioning unit running optimally. It is recommended by all manufactures to perform yearly preventive maintenance on your cooling equipment. Clearly, the benefit to you as the consumer is it prolongs equipment life. Additionally, yearly inspections reduce the extent or frequency of failures. Lastly, AC inspections save fuel costs and meet the manufacturers warranty requirements.
Our complete Air Conditioning Inspection includes a comprehensive review of each of the following Air Conditioner components:
- Check all wiring & connections and tighten if necessary
- Inspect fan blower & belts
- Check safety controls
- Inspect contactor & relays
- Check operation temperatures & pressures
- Inspect condenser coil and evaporator coil
- Insure that condensate drain is functioning
- Calibrate the thermostat operation
- Replace standard filters
- Check refrigerant charge
- Provide a list of recommendations if necessary
DIY Air Conditioning Maintenance
Clean your filter: Your AC filter should be inspected and cleaned or replaced every year. This ensures that the air conditioning unit stays in compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty. More importantly, it ensures that your unit is running at it’s peak performance.
Get a regular tune-up We suggest you call the experts at Affordable Plumbing and Heat to have your air conditioner inspected every year before the hot weather hits. We will perform a complete inspection on all the working parts.
Investigate strange sounds immediately This is likely an indication that your air conditioner has a moisture build-up. A simple inexpensive tune-up can determine if this problem can be easily solved with replacement parts we my have on our truck.
Upgrade your unit to an energy efficient model if at all possible. It could save you 40% of your home cooling costs.
How to Choose the Right Air Conditioning Unit
A primary factor you need to consider when choosing a new AC unit is size. The size of you home determines the size of air conditioner you need.
If you purchase and new cooling system that is too small, then it will work too hard. This will cost more in the long run. Also a too small air conditioning unit will not adequately cool your house, leaving some spots too warm or not cooled at all. Similarly, an AC unit that is too large for your space, will cycle on and off too frequently. This also overworks the air conditioning system and does not allow the unit to operate long enough to provide the necessary dehumidifying.
What size Air Conditioner do I need for my home?
We suggest you use first determine the square footage of the space you want to cool. It’s really a simple formula. Just take the length of the space and multiply it by the width. Of course you need to add together all the spaces of your home if your home has multiple floors.
Once you have the square footage of the space you want the air conditioning unit to cool, consult this chart from Energy Star. It provides BTU (British Thermal Units) guidelines based on square footage and is an excellent place to start. Larger spaces require more BTUs than smaller spaces.
This chart provides great tips on choosing an Air Conditioner for your home. It also lists other factors you should consider beyond square footage.
For example you should also consider:
How much insulation is in your home? If your home is poorly insulated, the cooling system or AC unit works harder.
What is the climate in my area? Consistently warm climates obviously require air conditioning units that perform at a higher level.
Need expert HVAC advice for purchasing a new Air Conditioner (AC) or Cooling System?
We are standing by and ready to replace, repair and install a new energy efficient air conditioner in your home today!