Having your furnace and other fuel burning appliances tested and inspected by a qualified professional once a year or before each heating season is recommended by heating professionals and manufacturers. Each manufacturer’s measurable standards may be found in the unit’s instructions. You do not want to be caught in the cold with no heat.
Furnace Safety and Energy Efficiency Check
Would it not be nice to have someone check all of your heating and/or air conditioning needs before a problem arises? Affordable Plumbing and Heat can check any heating or cooling system. We will check and advise of any needed repairs and help prevent breakdowns. No repair will be made without the written approval.
- Check thermostat for proper operation.
- Check operation of primary furnace safeties.
- Clean interior and exterior of furnace cabinet.
- Clean Flame sensor or pilot assembly.
- Clean blower compartment.
- Replace filter.
- Visually inspect vent system.
- Check for combustible gas leaks in mechanical room.
- Check for Carbon Monoxide at furnace and/or water heater.
- Provide a list of recommended repairs if necessary.
It is recommended by all manufactures to have yearly preventive maintenance on your heating and/or cooling equipment. If you do not get the system checked annually and a problem arises that could have been prevented, the warranty no longer covers any repairs or replacements that it requires. The benefit to you as the consumer is it prolongs equipment life, it can reduce the extent or frequency of failures, and saves on fuel costs and meets the manufacturers warranty requirements. The above work will be completed on the equipment listed if applicable. Give yourself peace of mind knowing your system is operating safely and efficiently.
For simple DIY tips for ensuring that your furnace is always running properly, read our recent blog article. 10 Simple DIY Furnace Fixes