Extreme temperatures can happen at any time of year. Responsible homeowners know the goal is to keep their home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Your air conditioning unit is just as important as your furnace when hot weather hits. Affordable Plumbing & Heat knows that if this is your goal, you should consider installing, replacing, or inspecting your current HVAC, air conditioner, or AC Cooling System.
Some heating and cooling systems are integrated into one system. These heating, ventilation, and cooling (HVAC) systems are designed for maximizing comfort regardless of the temperature. However, oftentimes homeowners have separate furnace and air conditioning systems.
As a trusted air conditioning company in Denver, CO, Affordable Plumbing & Heat are prepared to install, repair, inspect and replace every type of HVAC, central cooling, central air, or air conditioning system on the market.
Affordable Plumbing & Heat is proud to be the go-to plumber in Colorado Springs and Denver Metro Areas, including:
Air Conditioning Repair
There is never a good time to have any of your plumbing, heating, HVAC, or cooling systems fail. With that in mind, trust the experts at Affordable Plumbing & Heat to deliver reliable residential services in Denver, CO. We can diagnose and repair your air conditioning problem at any time of the year. There is nothing worse than going to turn on the AC, only to find out it is blowing hot air or not working properly.
For example, a yearly inspection is recommended to avoid air conditioning emergencies. Under their warranty, many manufacturers require preventative maintenance to be done once a year. This helps problems with your air conditioning from popping up. If you do not get your air conditioner serviced once a year and a big issue arises, the warranty is no longer good because you did not follow the manufacturer’s advice.
Signs Your Air Conditioning Unit Or Cooling System Needs To Be Repaired
There are various indicators that your air conditioning unit will need to be fixed soon, including:
- Strange Noises or Extremely Noisy Air Conditioner The fan that runs your cooling system or air conditioner has a motor. This motor makes the fan work. If the motor on your air conditioner is damaged or overworked it may start making loud or unpleasant noises. Call the air conditioning technicians at Affordable Plumbing & Heat so we can diagnose the problem and repair it as soon as possible. It’s very likely we will have the air conditioning parts right on our truck.
- The Air Conditioner Isn’t Cooling Your Home Efficiently If the air conditioner is working, but not cooling your home properly, it will need a thorough inspection and cleaning. Our technicians determine if the air conditioner or cooling system needs a few parts replaced or if the entire cooling system needs to be replaced.
- The Air Conditioner Or Cooling System Won’t Turn On If your air conditioner or cooling system won’t turn on, this may be a simple fix, ranging from the unit simply needing a new thermostat. More pressingly, it could be a sign that the air conditioning unit has failed completely and needs to be replaced.
- Unusual Smells If your air conditioner or cooling system is producing smells you do not recognize, or you see or smell smoke coming from the air conditioning system, it’s recommended to turn it off and call Please turn the unit off and call the experts at Affordable Plumbing & Heat.
Air Conditioning Installation Services In Denver, Colorado
Are you suffering in a sweltering home? Have you decided enough is enough? Now is the time to call the experts at Affordable Plumbing & Heat. Ask about all of the amazing HVAC, Air Conditioners, and Cooling Systems we offer. As experts in the Denver and Colorado Springs area, we have air conditioning (AC) units for every budget. Our technicians are prepared to make the installation as quick and painless as possible. We can install any brand per the customer’s request. We can come to give you an estimate beforehand. This allows you to budget for a new AC installation.
Air Conditioning Inspection
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone inspect your air conditioning before it breaks down? Our certified and professional technicians will check and advise of any needed repairs and help prevent breakdowns. Also, no repair will be made without written approval.
Our Affordable Plumbing & Heat Safety and Energy Efficiency Check is designed to keep your air conditioning unit running optimally. It is recommended by all manufactures to perform yearly preventive maintenance on your cooling equipment. Clearly, the benefit to you as the consumer is it prolongs equipment life. Nothing is worse than needing to buy a completely new unit when you could have just avoided a new one altogether by yearly preventative maintenance. Additionally, yearly inspections reduce the extent or frequency of failures. Lastly, AC inspections save fuel costs and meet the manufacturer’s warranty requirements.
Our complete air conditioning inspection includes a comprehensive review of each of the following Air Conditioner components:
- Check all wiring & connections and tighten if necessary
- Inspect fan blower & belts
- Check safety controls
- Inspect contactor & relays
- Check operation temperatures & pressures
- Inspect condenser coil and evaporator coil
- Ensure that condensate drain is functioning
- Calibrate the thermostat operation
- Replace standard filters
- Check refrigerant charge
- Provide a list of recommendations if necessary
How to Choose the Right Air Conditioning Unit
A primary factor you need to consider when choosing a new AC unit is size. The size of your home determines the size of the air conditioner you need.
If you purchase a new cooling system that is too small, then it will work too hard. This will cost more in the long run. Also, an undersized air conditioning unit will not adequately cool your house, leaving some spots too warm or not cooled at all. Similarly, an AC unit that is too large for your space will cycle on and off too frequently. This also overworks the air conditioning system and does not allow the unit to operate long enough to provide the necessary dehumidifying.
What size air conditioner do I need for my home?
We suggest you first determine the square footage of the space you want to cool. It’s really a simple formula. Just take the length of the space and multiply it by the width. Of course, you need to add together all the spaces of your home if your home has multiple floors.
Once you have the square footage of the space you want the air conditioning unit to cool, consult this chart from Energy Star. It provides BTU (British Thermal Units) guidelines based on square footage and is an excellent place to start. Larger spaces require more BTUs than smaller spaces.
Energy Star BTU Guidelines for Air Conditioning
This chart provides great tips on choosing an Air Conditioner for your home. It also lists other factors you should consider beyond square footage.
For example, you should also consider: How much insulation is in your home? If your home is poorly insulated, the cooling system or AC unit works harder.
What is the climate in my area? Consistently warm climates obviously require air conditioning units that perform at a higher level.
Need expert HVAC advice for purchasing a new Air Conditioner (AC) or Cooling System? Call the HVAC experts at Affordable Plumbing & Heat for a free consultation today. Colorado Springs (719) 302-2046 or Denver 303-993-0892.
We are standing by and ready to replace, repair, and install a new energy-efficient air conditioner in your home today! Contact us today to schedule an appointment. You can count on us for any of the following:
- Plumbing Denver, CO
- Heating Installation Denver, CO
- Boiler Services Denver, CO
- CIPP Pipe Lining Denver, CO
- Drain Cleaning Denver, CO
- Electrical Repair Denver, CO
- Furnace Service Denver, CO
- Pipe Bursting Denver, CO
- Sewer Repair Denver, CO
- Walter Filtration & Conditioning Denver, CO
- Water Heater Repair Denver, CO